I am looking for a part time production assistant to help me, Shedunnit creator and host Caroline Crampton, manage the process of creating and promoting the podcast. To start with the position will be one day a week, with the potential to increase this in future if the arrangement proves successful.
Since this is a part-time, remote and flexible position, it would suit someone who is studying, working part time or who has a portfolio of different freelance work. The role will involve working on different aspects of the podcast’s production process and seeing an episode through from the ideas stage to its post-publication promotion on social media. The right person will be organised and methodical, as well as good at juggling different tasks.
Please note: this is not a hosting or editing position. While there will be the freedom to pitch ideas and create new systems, this is not a role where you will be appearing on the podcast or editing audio. You don’t need any audio editing skills or experience to apply.
This position will be fully remote and applicants are welcome whatever their situation and wherever they are based, but please do be aware that you will be required to be available during UK working hours when working with me and, if not based in the UK, to take responsibility for the employment/tax regulations for overseas contractors in your country.
Responsibilities will include:
- researching guests and arranging interviews
- managing a production calendar
- creating and scheduling social media posts
- editing transcripts for publication
- familiarity with what Shedunnit covers and enthusiasm for detective fiction
- high standard of written English
- experience in creating high quality content for social media, especially Instagram
- high level of computer literacy
- enjoy organisation and streamlining systems
- good at working independently to deadlines and managing your own time
- good understanding of the podcast industry
- knowledge of membership platforms like Patreon and Memberful
- experience in the booktube/bookstagram communities
- familiarity with transcription software
Pay: Day rate of £165
Hours: One day a week, ie eight hours — there is the possibility to spread these hours out across the week
Location: Fully remote
Start date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please attach your CV to a short covering email explaining why you would be a good fit for this role, and send it to email@example.com. The deadline is 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 30th January 2022.
I will be contacting shortlisted applicants via email and inviting them to complete a short task (max 1 hour) and then an online interview. I’m aiming to offer someone the position by mid February 2022 and, depending on availability, have the successful candidate start as soon as possible after that.